Many households are now investing in a coffee machine for their home. It’s the must-have electrical gadget that has become a popular kitchen appliance in recent years. You may have concluded that it’s the right time to buy a coffee machine for your home. It’s common for consumers to be lost in the coffee machine world in terms of different styles, costs, brands and extras on the market. There are also a variety of different types of coffee machines: capsule machines, drip-filter machines and manual espresso. Don’t worry though… Espresso @ Home is here to help you through the process of deciding which coffee machine is best for you.
You should be aware that there is a range of different ways that coffee can be extracted. The coffee machine that suits you will depend on a collection of factors: consumption habits, budget, and personal taste. Our coffee machine experts have years of experience with a range of home coffee machines and now have collated a guide to help you choose the perfect coffee machine for you.
Capsule Coffee Machines
This type of coffee machine is perfect for a coffee lover that will have around 3-4 cups from the machine per day. They are cost-effective and easy to use with only a few settings to change the type of drink you would like. The main principle of a capsule machine is to allow you to change the type of coffee you’re consuming regularly. Companies like Nespresso and Lavazza have their own capsule machine on the market.
Advantages of Capsule Coffee Machines
- A cost-effective machine, ideal for someone new to coffee machines.
- Capsule machines are often compact and take up little space.
- Easy to use the machine, perfect for someone inexperienced with coffee machines.
Disadvantages of Capsule Coffee Machines
- No option to change settings like temperature and quantity of coffee per cup.
- Not ideal if you have more than 2 people that drink coffee at home.
- Difficult to track the origins of what is inside the capsule.
- Difficult to recycle used capsules
Drip Filter Coffee Machines
Despite the popularity of the espresso machine in the last couple of years, the electrical drip filter coffee machine continues to the best-selling coffee machine on the market. They have the reputation of being low-end and creating poor tasting coffee, this couldn’t be further from the truth. Electrical and manual drip filter coffee machines enable people to make their cup from the freshly grounded coffee.
Advantages of Drip Filter Coffee Machines
- Produces high-quality tasting coffee
- Perfect for making multiple cups at the same time.
- Very easy machine to use and clean.
Disadvantages of Drip Filter Coffee Machines
- Very limited changeable settings
- Doesn’t create enough pressure to make espressos
Manual Espresso Machine
This type of coffee machine is ideal for the experienced coffee machine user as it requires more technical know-how. The manual espresso machine is renowned for strong tasting Italian style coffee and has a wide range of features and components to suit all budgets. You also need to bear in mind that this type of machine needs to be accompanied by an effective coffee grinder to be able to get the perfect grind for your espresso.
Advantages of Manual Espresso Machines
- Enables users to choose and grind their coffee for each cup.
- There are entry-level models of this type of machine that allow using coffee pods.
- Can create the perfect cup of espresso.
Disadvantages of Manual Espresso Machines
- To allow you to get the most of this machine, you need to invest in a good coffee grinder.
- Cheaper machines have very little adjustable settings.
Automatic Coffee Machine with Integrated Grinder
Automatic coffee machines (also known as bean-to-cup coffee machines) allow making different types of coffee using freshly ground coffee beans from one touch of a button. If you use your coffee machine daily, this machine will end up being a lot cheaper in the long run and much more environmentally friendly.
Advantages of Automatic Coffee Machines
- Environmentally friendly
- Enables you to adjust settings like intensity, size of coffee and temperature.
- Variety of drinks you can make, which depends on the model you have.
Disadvantages of Automatic Coffee Machines
- The expensive initial cost to purchase the machine.
- Consider where the machine is going to be housed.
- This type of machine creates a lot of noise, which can be an issue for some.
We hope this guide has proved helpful for you in finding the perfect home coffee machine for your home.
Contact Espresso @ Home for Home Coffee Machine Repairs
Have you taken the plunge in buying a home coffee machine and it needs repairing? Espresso @ Home is the service for you! We repair a host of home coffee machines to get you back drinking coffee at home again. Get in touch with our coffee machine specialists by using the contact form.